United Cerebral Palsy In-Home Respite Care provides support to over 200 families, which enhances the growth and development of your special needs family member.
In home Respite Care is a service offered to individuals with disabilities throughout the Inland Empire. United Cerebral Palsy sends a qualified, pre-screened Respite Caregiver to homes to care for special needs individuals. Caregivers are certified in CPR & First Aid. Ongoing specialized training is provided. This service allows usual care givers an opportunity to take a much needed rest or attend to other tasks, knowing that their loved one is well cared for.
What does UCP In-Home Respite Care Provide?
- Personalized in-home care for your special needs family member
- Supervision and stimulation through age appropriate activities & monthly Individual Goals Plan
- Opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities to gain new companionship and to have more positive interpersonal experiences.
- The families of individuals with special needs gain opportunities for self renewal without worry
- A viable alternative to out-of-home placement
Who is eligible to receive Respite Care? Children and Adults with:
- Developmental Disabilities
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down’s Syndrome
- Other Special Needs
Respite services through the California Department of Developmental Services are offered at NO COST to the consumer! To receive this rate, individuals must first become clients of the Inland Regional Center, and gain authorization through them.
For more information about IRC, including how to become a client, call them at (909) 890-3000 or visit them on the web at: www.inlandrc.org
UCPIE Respite Coordinators will also be happy to speak with you about how you can access the services that the Inland Regional Center is able to authorize for your family member with a disability.
United Cerebral Palsy also has clients who pay for Respite Care services privately. Please call a UCPIE Respite Coordinator listed on the back of this brochure, or the UCPIE Administrative Office in Cathedral City to learn more about how to privately pay for Respite Services.